Address 401B Wallace Hall (0416)
Office Hours By appointment
Mary Ellen Verdu, M.W.S, Senior Instructor & Director of Undergraduate Studies in Human Development, Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
Primary Academic Interests
- Public Policy
- Administration of Family and Child Welfare Programs
- Legal Rights of Children
- Program Evaluation
- Strategic Planning
- Virginia Tech Institute for Community Health
- Roanoke Valley Court Appointed Special Advocacy Program
- Radford University School of Social Work, Professional Advisory Committee
- The Virginia Comprehensive Services Act, Its Intent and Outcomes
- The Ethics of Whistleblowing and the False Claims Act
- Strategic of Planning in Non-Profit Organizations
Selected Publications and Presentations
Thomas Carson, Mary Ellen Verdu and Richard E. Wokutch. “Whistleblowing for profit: an ethical analysis of the federal False Claims Act.” Journal of Business Ethics (2008), 77:361-376.
Richard Wokutch and Mary Ellen Verdu. “Teaching Ethics and Leadership with Films”. Forthcoming presentation at International Society for Business, Economics & Ethics, 4th World Congress, Capetown, South Africa, July, 2008.
Wokutch, R. E., & Verdu, M. E. (1996). "The 1986 Amendments to the False Claims Act: a new environment for whistleblowing." In J. M. Logsdon & K. Rehbein (Eds.) International Association for Business and Society, 1996 Proceedings. Santa Fe, NM, 602-607.
Wokutch, R. E., & Verdu, M. E. (1983). Improving social service planning in a changing environment: the need for an environmental information system. Journal of the Community Development Society, 14(2), 19-32.
Home | People